Thursday, July 16, 2009

THE CURRENT SOFA...aka MACARONI & CHEESE

This was the first MCM sofa I cam across on Craigslist that I could actually afford. Many have been listed (mostly in Denver), but they are VERY hard to get and can be quite expensive. The poster was asking $40, a steal for such a cool looking piece of furniture. I was THRILLED to learn I was one of the first responders to the ad, and quickly arranged to see it.

It is incredibly solid and heavy, no makers labels, unfortunately. An ornate geometric pattern is woven throughout, giving it an awesome look. The legs are square and tapered, with a design carved into them. I believe they are original but I'm not positive. No history available on the sofa, other than it belonged to a roommate that left it behind.

The color is more accurate in the middle picture. My oldest son calls it the "macaroni & cheese" sofa, lol. It is in excellent condition, with only a few loose strings here and there.

No comments:

Post a Comment