Thursday, July 16, 2009

THE LAMP


This is the lovely lamp J. gave me...another treasure as I have actually been keeping an eye out for a lamp JUST like this! How did he know?

This is a vintage tension pole lamp, very retro in it's spaceage design. The lamp is brass in color, with three cone shades to house the bulbs. There are no markings on this lamp other than "underwriter's laboratories inc." which I believe was an inspection company as I've seen many older lamps with this sticker.

I cannot wait until we have ceilings low enough to use this lamp. Currently we have 22ft ceilings, that won't work. But when we get military housing in Hawaii, I know we'll have perfect ceilings for this lamp.

These are the BEFORE pictures. I will be cleaning and polishing this up so it shines like it did back in the 50's

No comments:

Post a Comment